This tutorial shows you how to create your own decorative stocking pumpkin. This is an easy and inexpensive way to decorated for the Fall season. You can decorate approximately 5-6 pumpkins from one pair of stockings if you use a small 6″ diameter pumpkin.
What you’ll need:
- Patterned black stockings – Large or one-size-fits-all
- 6” pumpkin – Orange or white
- 1” Ribbon – 1yd
- Rubber bands
- Wash you pumpkin to remove any dirt from the field. Dry it thoroughly.
- Measure the meaty part of your pumpkin from the top to the bottom. The height of your pumpkin will determine how much you cut off of the stocking. You will cut the same number of inches off the stocking as the pumpkin is tall. So if you have a 6” pumpkin, you’ll cut off 6” of sticking.
- Cut the bottom of the stocking so that the “foot” part is what will end up being on the bottom of your pumpkin. If you are cutting higher up on the leg of the stocking, secure the bottom with a rubber band before you stretch it over your pumpkin.
- Stretch the stocking over your pumpkin and secure it to the stem with a rubber band.
- Cover the rubber band by tying a bow around the stem with a ribbon of your choosing. Cut the tails of the ribbon into a point, chevron or a diamond.
- Voila! You’re pumpkin is decorated!